Friday, March 27, 2009

Registered Jack for School - Check

Well I think I had to do the hardest thing yet to date today. I went and registered Jack for school. I put on my brave face and walked with the kids to the school and dropped off his registration form. It may seem like a small, simple task but it was hard. I have to try really hard not to let Jack see how much it's killing me that he'll be going. I don't want him to think it's a bad place. I want him to be excited about school so I have to pretend to be excited about it too, and I am, really. Of course I'm excited for him to start school and make his own friends and help satisfy his thirst for knowledge. But I'm sad about it too and that's okay.
I remember my doctor confirming with me that Jack would be starting school in September. He then proceeded to say that it's a good thing he was born early in the year because that will make him an older kid in his class and that is good for boys. When I turned to him and said "so I guess Oliver is shit out of luck being born in November and all", he kind of half smiled but didn't really say anything. I think he knew he put his foot in his mouth. I thought it was funny.

No comments: