Friday, June 17, 2011

Back to Work

It's been two full weeks now since I've gone back to work and the transition couldn't have gone more smoothly.  It of course helps we only need someone to watch the kids one day a week.  We have been able to work it out so Shawn is home with the kids two of the days I work.  This really helps keep down the cost of daycare.  We have been lucky enough to find someone who has recently graduated from ECE to come to our home to look after the boys.  It's way more affordable paying her by the hour then having them in a daycare.  Way less work for me than trying to find a daycare who can take all 3 kids, into the evening, only once a week or on an as needed basis if I want to pick up any shifts at work.  I like her.  The kids seem to like her.  Jack says he likes her and that she is good to them.  She told me she would like to gain more hands on experience.  My house is the perfect place for that.  I've got 3 boys all at different ages and stages and all with very different personalities.
Work has been going well.  I like my job.  I like it's lack of stress.  I like that I don't have to take my work home with me.  I like the hours I work.  I like the pay.  I guess I even like the people I work with.  Although it can get to be a little monotonous at times, overall I enjoy doing my job.  That has really helped with making going back so easy.  I do miss my boys though.  I like when I'm busy at work because it keeps my mind occupied.  It's once I get home that I realize just how much I missed them.  Especially because once I get home, it's time to tuck them into bed.  Then I have to wait until the morning to see them.  I'm glad I get a 3-day weekend every other weekend. 
I'm really grateful that I was able to stay home for the full year with all three of my kids.  I'm also very grateful that I get to spend as much time home with my kids as I do.  My work-family scale is pretty well balanced and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Life is mostly pretty good right now.  Jack is asking to play a game.  Why do they ask these things of me so early in the morning?  Time to go and get my ass whopped in whatever game he decides to play.  Sadly, I don't have to let Jack win most of the games we play, he can just beat me. 

No comments: