Monday, October 26, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Today has been a trying day. I attended a child's funeral. This past Wednesday, one of the young ladies I worked with in the group home passed away. She would have been 8 November 25th. This is the 3rd kid in as many years. It hasn't gotten any easier. I mean, of course it hasn't. It's never easy but when they are so young, it's even harder. When you've spent most days caring for and loving these children as if they were your own, it just plain old sucks. I've recently (in May) stopped working at the group home after 5.5 years, including two mat leaves. These kids have taught me so much. They will never, ever realize the pleasure it has been knowing them. They are by far the most amazing, wonderful, loving children I will ever have the pleasure of knowing. RIP sweet little angel. I will never forget you. xo

No comments: