Tuesday, March 30, 2010

28 Weeks

I am, as the title says, 28 weeks pregnant. I can hardly believe that in only 12 weeks I will be giving birth. My weight gain as gotten out of control. I was doing so good too. It's those damn cookies and ice cream. I have absolutely no self control around either of them. According to any pregnancy weight gain calculator I'm actually right on target but having gained 7lbs (yes 7!) over the last 4 weeks completely shocked me. Well maybe not shocked because I guess I was expecting it but there is always that glimmer of hope it won't be so much when I step on the scale. I don't own a scale so it's always a surprise when I go to an appointment. Whatever, I'm having a baby and I know weight gain is normal but 7 pounds in 4 week?!? It's not going to be much fun having to lose this weight after it's all said and done.

I've been planning on having a home birth. Because they found a fibroid at my 19 week ultrasound I am going for a follow up ultrasound next week to check on it's growth. At 19 weeks, it was 5cm. Unless it has shrunk to 3cm or less, a home birth isn't going to be an option. I'm hoping it has gotten smaller and not bigger or even stayed the same size. I guess I should be checking out my two choices of hospitals and going to tour them. Although I gave birth to Jack at one of these hospitals, their facilities have changed and I would like to check it out. The midwife is being pretty optimistic. My biggest fear is having to have my care transferred and to an OB/GYN who is going to push for a c-section. It would devastate me to have to go from planning a home birth to having a c-section. I of course am thinking worse case scenario. Damn fibroid. Who invited you anyway?

Here's a picture I took of myself today. Don't mind the dust and fingerprints on the mirror.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at that belly! how cute! Well I hope the problem goes away for you. Send me some dates that work for you.