Tuesday, March 9, 2010

There Is Really A Market For These?

Okay so Shawn and I were talking about baby proofing earlier today. I think the extent of our baby proofing has been to put outlet covers on the electrical outlets and locks on the kitchen/bathroom cabinet doors and not much more than that. Of course, if we had stairs we would have installed baby gates at the top and bottom of them but we don't have any stairs. We of course keep medications out of reach and although they can still be toxic, I use mostly green products and as I just said, we've put locks on the cabinet doors.
I came across a Kijiji ad for this today and could hardly believe my eyes.

It's called a Thudguard. It is a foam hat that is designed to help absorb and reduce the impact of falls from a child’s own height and lessen the chance of head injury when infants are learning to walk.
Do people really buy these things? Obviously they do. I'm just in total shock. I mean, really? Ya I know kids fall when they are learning to walk and yes I know they could hit their head on like say the side of a table or whatever but to buy a helmet and make them wear one? Why not have kids wear a helmet all the time whether they are learning to walk or not? Isn't a head injury always possible?
I don't know about you but, I just find this to be a little extreme.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOh common you know you want to buy one ;)