Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tears Are A Language That God Understands

My grandmother passed away peacefully Monday with my family by her side at the Huronia District Hospital in Midland. She was 81. I'm so glad I was able to be with her the last few days of her life. They say hearing is the last of the senses that someone dying loses. Although she was not able to see or speak, it's comforting to know that I was able to hold her hand and tell her how much I love her. She will always remain a very special person to me. I also take comfort in knowing she got to meet Oliver, who I named after her husband, my grandfather. It was important for me to honour her in someway when he was born.
I love you Grandma, and it makes me happy to know that you are up in Heaven with Grandpa. May you both rest in peace. xo


No comments: