Friday, December 19, 2008

Am I Crazy?

Aside from getting ready for Christmas, not a whole lot is going on. Oliver seems to have the cold that never ends. He is currently into hour 14 of his afternoon nap. Isn't that crazy? Imagine being able to sleep a solid 14 hours? Jack's runny nose doesn't seem to want to go away either.
I am finally about 1/3 of the way through my Christmas shopping. It just seems to never end. There always seems to be something for someone I have to pick up. I'm pretty much caught up on the wrapping too. That is when it gets tricky. In our little apartment, there isn't much hiding space for gifts. Shawn jokes we will probably forget a gift someplace and will find it in the spring. There is a lot of remembering to do. Remembering is definitely not one of my strengths. I have to be sure to remember what paper I used from Santa and which paper I used from Us. We couldn't dare have the same paper as Santa. What would be the odds? Seriously.
I'm very excited for Christmas morning. Not that we bought the kids a lot of presents, because we didn't, but Jack is going to be super excited about the gifts he is getting. Even if his list is different now then the one he gave me a couple of weeks ago. Oliver of course will likely be more interested in the paper and boxes.
My entire family is going to be here for Christmas. Yes that's right, my entire family. Mom, Dad, Bill, Pam, Tim and their boys, Jody and Rita. Should be interesting. Again, small apartment. What was I thinking? I was thinking it would be nice to all be together for Christmas, even if it means being squished like sardines. Shawn will be serving his first turkey dinner. He is pretty excited about this. I had better start making a shopping list. We are going to need lots of food with all these people coming. Maybe I should bake some treats. Aside from some cookies and cake from a box, I've never really baked anything. Any suggestions?

No comments: