Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Proud Moment

My Pride and Joy
Yesterday, Reed had his 6 month well baby check up.  Because Shawn is working nights this week, I bundled up the three kids and off to the doctor's office we went.  I was half dreading this trip to the doctors office with three kids in tow.  Let's face it, the wait times can sometimes be long and offices are pretty boring.  If our doctor's office lacks anything, it's any form of children entertainment.  I can remember my doctor's office as a kid always having a little place in the corner that held toys and books.  This doctor's office, not so much.  It holds only a few books.
As the time went on I thought to myself, this is going pretty good.  The kids are being really good, Jack played his DS a little, they had snacks, I read them some books, they played with their hot wheels and ran around and chased each other.  We had snuggles and played rock, paper, scissors.  I thought they were good boys.  They sometimes needed a gentle reminder not to scream or talk so loud but they were good.  We waited about 40-45 minutes for the appointment then had to wait another 20 minutes after to see the nurse for Reed's needles.
When Reed's turn came for his needles, we all piled into the little room the nurse uses for giving  needles and measuring/weighing infants.  As she is preparing the needles she tells me the following:
"I just had a lady in here and she was telling me there is a young lady out there with 3 young children.  At first she said she felt bad thinking about how busy you must be (I'm thinking it was more she was dreading seeing me get there with three young kids lol) but that those 3 kids were so good she couldn't believe it.  She told the nurse I should be proud of myself for having such great kids and that I have done a great job."  I was so proud.  I was wearing it on my face.  I found it very nice she shared this with me.  It was nice to hear.  We ended up riding the elevator down with said lady and her husband.  She repeated everything herself to me.  She told me I have a beautiful family (I do) and she told the boys they were so good that Santa must be coming to their house (he is).  She told me I am doing a good job and to keep loving my boys (I will).  I thanked her, she wished us a Merry Christmas and off we went our separate ways.   
So to the random lady at the doctor's office, thank you.  Thank you for seeing that my boys are good kids.  Thank you for taking the time to take note they are and tell me.  Thank you for seeing that I love them.  Thank you for making my day.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Awww tears in my eyes!! You're an awesome mom and should feel blessed!! YAY! You and your kids seen an angel that day :)