Thursday, January 13, 2011

Loose Teeth

Jack has his first loose tooth.  This is a time that I have been completely dreading.  Loose teeth give me the heebie jeebies.  The wiggling creeps me out.  Seeing teeth just hanging there is gross.  Watching people attempt to pull teeth out makes me sick to my stomach.  I had to inform Shawn last night that he will indeed be the designated tooth puller.  In my perfect little world, none of the kids teeth will get pulled out but will just fall out on their own in their own good time.  I however, remember what is is like being a kid and wanting your loose tooth pulled because it can get in the way and make eating difficult and being anxious for the tooth fairy to come.
Jack was very excited to tell me that when his tooth falls out that the tooth fairy will come and leave him gold coins under his pillow.  I was quick to inform him that the Tooth Fairy is not a pirate and although she does leave coins under the pillow, (I emphazied the coins part because this tooth fairy is not leaving paper money under the pillow) they will not be of the gold variety (unless he considers loonies gold). 
Although I have an idea of how many coins will be left by the Tooth Fairy, I question - How much does the Tooth Fairy leave for teeth at your house?  Did she leave more for a first tooth then subsequent teeth? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, YOUR tooth fairy left 5 bucks :-)
Oh and ya..20 for the first tooth..and yes BILLS were left backthen
xoxo

Unknown said...

I think someone is looking out for Jack there ;) We aren't at that stage yet, but I got $1 or $2 back in the day so I guess bills would be the going rate, lol. Under these pillows (one day) will be a $1 maybe a $2 at most. If you give more the first time he might expect that all the time, there is a lot of teeth to lose! Maybe it will come out fast.

Eddie Storms said...

That kind of thing usually happens; there are times that you need to have your kid's tooth pulled. Also, when talking about how much does the tooth fairy usually leave under their pillow, it depends on her budget, but it all ranges from $1 to $5 per tooth.