Monday, June 30, 2008

A Morning at the Zoo.

The Bowmanville Zoo had free admission today. I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was because Bowmanville is celebrating its 150th birthday. Laura and I decided to take the boys. How can you pass up a free trip to the zoo. The boys really seemed to enjoy themselves.
They zoo has a few, shall I call them carnival rides. I took Jack and Nicholas on the one that spins. That was a lot of fun. I didn't think I would be able to get Jack to go on but he did and really enjoyed himself. They then went on the boat ride. I was so proud of him for going on it by himself (well with Nicholas). Jack is always a little bit leery when in new places and with trying new things. It was a fun, successful visit. I'm hoping if we make it again, maybe we can try to go the water park.
My favorite part of the zoo however had nothing to do with the animals. While Jack and Nicholas were having fun playing at the playground, to my surprise Amy and Kim (a couple of girls I worked with at the group home) came up behind me with two kids from work. I was so excited to see them. I haven't been by the group home in awhile to visit. I hugged and kissed the kids many times. I miss them so much. I was almost in tears because I was feeling so overwhelmed seeing them. I really need to go by there and visit. It's been far too long. I'm starting to get teary eyed now just thinking about them.

No comments: