Friday, November 21, 2008

Is There Anybody Out There?

I always wonder if there is anybody out there reading or not. By anybody, I mean anybody other than Chantal and Laura who I know stop by and see if I've had anything to say.
Not much is going on around here. Jack is growing smarter every day. It's amazing to me the development in his language this past year. I think he is going to be a into computers just like Shawn. He can already turn on the computer, load up a web browser and navigate his way around various websites. He has pretty good mouse control and he picked up using the mouse pad on the laptop pretty quick too. He's cute too. He likes using the headphones when he is using the laptop. He always looks like he is hard at work.
Oliver. That boy certainly keeps me on my toes. He is quite a busy boy. He doesn't much like sitting down and reading books. His idea of let's cuddle is let's crawl and climb all over Mommy. The kid just never sits still. The most still he ever gets is when he is standing at your feet while you are eating or standing next to Jack's chair while he is on the computer, though while this is happening he is always busy pounding away at the keyboard or trying to get the mouse.
He sure is sweet though. I always just want to pick him up and squeeze him tight.
He had the pleasure of getting a haircut from Jack the other day. I suppose I left a pair of scissors within Jack's reach. The thought never crossed my mind that Jack would ever pick them up and try to cut his or Oliver's hair. I didn't even know Jack could even use a pair of scissors. Boy was I lucky I saw him when I did and that no eyes were poked out or ears were cut. The cut is not too bad and not really noticeable unless you are looking for it. He only made the one cut. I will have to take a picture and post it.
Oliver is still a great eater. He will eat everything and anything. I am very thankful for this and hope so much that he continues to be. It's by far the one struggle I have with Jack. I know this is partly my fault. I think if we sat around the table and ate dinner as a family, this would eventually change. The problem is, we need a new table that fits better in our kitchen that would allow us to sit around it. That's my excuse anyway.
I'm off to load the dishwasher and try to squeeze in a shower before Oliver's morning nap is over. Wish me luck!

Oliver's haircut as promised. Notice the top right.

2 comments:

milli's momma said...

that's right cheryl, I'm a dedicated reader and friend (what can I say?) I always want you to post more often.....

milli's momma said...

see??? even look at the time!